Monday, July 2, 2012

ANNAPOLIS, MD

We left Solomons on Saturday AM and arrived here about 2. Water was fairly calm. Again we were wedged into a slip with a narrow fairway. Fortuantely they will move us in a day or so to a slip that is easier to get in and out of. We didn't realize how lucky we were when we arrived here to have power. A lot of the area is still without, as are many marinas. Can't imagine being on a boat in this 100 degree heat with no AC!

Yesterday we took the water taxi into downtown Annapolis. We walked around and had a nice waterside dinner. I have yet to try a crab cake. I am saving myself for some special time. John will stick with what he knows, and that doesn't ever include crabcakes :-)
We caught up with stuff today and will explore more tomorrow. We like our marina and continue to meet many nice, friendly people.

3 comments:

  1. You guys will have to get adventurous with regard to your palates! She crab bique made with sherry is a specialty up there. There are major competitions among the restaurants to see who has the best bisque. We sampled it at three different places around Kent Narrows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to go for the crab Wendy, I agree with Roy's comment. It's all so good up there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was extremely pleased to find this website. I wanted to thank you for this good knowledge and I definitely enjoying every single small bit of it and I am looking forward to check out new stuff you post.
    Annapolis Taxi Service

    ReplyDelete